Friday, December 19, 2008

Low-budget Christmas decorations

Our theme for Christmas this year is "low-budget." We're hardly buying any presents (none for each other), and I'm doing my best to spend as little as possible. For these projects all I bought was a spool of ribbon and a can of spray paint, and some floral wire. All the other supplies were found outside or in one of the many boxes in my studio.

Here's the window in our entryway...

And the door of the mudroom, decorated with sprigs of pine (free from the place we got our Christmas tree), pinecones (found on our street), a sprig of berries (I used the ones I bought for Halloween and added red glitter to them), and a ribbon (bought many moons ago from Michaels when they had the holiday ribbon on sale for 50% off). I made 4 of these and placed them around the house.

These are my planters transformed for Christmas. I found the branches and pinecones on our street, then spray painted the branches silver and glittered the pinecones. I used old snowflake ornaments to decorate the tree.

And here's the other planter by the stairs.

Lastly, here's the porch decorated with lights and garland we bought last year. I just layered pinecones in the windowboxes and added some pine sprigs.
I estimate that I spent less than 20 bucks for all these decorations -- not bad, huh?

No comments: