Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yes, we have tomatoes!

The tomatoes have arrived... and yes, they're supposed to be different colors--they're heirloom tomatoes. So, what to do with all these beauties? Here's what I've come up with so far...


My personal favorite, tomato salad (with feta, oregano, olive olive, salt & pepper).


The green beans are also starting to come in, so one night I teamed up the tomato salad with the beans and jasmine rice.


The classic blt on a lazy night.

On the weekends I get more ambitious, and here's the start of the first tomato sauce of the season. I decided to make roasted tomato sauce because it smells so darn good.


Here they are after they're roasted.


And last but not least, Martha's tomato tart, before cooking...


and after... bon apetit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tomatoes look great! How about a roasted tomato pizza with bacon and fresh mozzarella...

-lsf