Friday, September 19, 2008

Birthday wrap-up

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but here you go -- the 40-50 double birthday wrap up. Our party went well -- the weather cooperated, and we had about 30 people come by for our backyard bbq. I didn't have any time to take photos, but luckily Londa snapped a few:

The hosts wearing goofy beads.


The grill-meister hard at work.


For Ricardo's birthday he wanted to go to Ebbitt's (where we got married) for oysters and dinner. I managed to surprise him with a slice of cake.

They did such a good job! How did they know to put paint cosmos on the plate?!


For my birthday I took the day off and decided that no restaurant meal is better than my own home-cooking (sound familiar, Mom?). I made myself a stuffed, roasted chicken.


The perfect plate -- the only thing missing is the creamed onions -- but Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!


Ricardo responded to my "50 never looked so good" post with this cake :)

No comments: