Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Roasted pumpkin seeds

One of the best benefits about carving a jack-o-lantern is the pumpkin seeds. And I love me some roasted pumpkin seeds.

It's really quite simple -- all you need is fresh pumpkin seeds (rinsed of all the pumpkin goo), olive oil and salt.


Combine the seeds, oil, and salt on a cookie sheet. Go ahead and get messsy.


After combing the ingredients, spread the seeds evenly on the pan, and put them in a 350 degree oven for 10 to "whenever-they-smell-done" minutes. Keep an eye on them, because they can burn quickly. I recommend popping them in your mouth every few minutes to taste.


I like my seeds roasted until their golden brown, and until they sound hollow on the tray. Store them in a tupperware-esque container, and keep them out on your coffee table. They'll be gone in no time.

No comments: